Benefits of Walk-In Bathtubs
Many people, especially the elderly or those with mobility issues, often wonder if they would be better off getting a walk-in bathtub from Pittsburgh bath remodeling companies. Like any renovation or big addition, the pros and cons need to be considered before any final decision is made.
If you have been debating getting a walk-in bathtub, knowing the pros and cons is important and here are the biggest benefits these tubs offer:
- They are much safer and easier for those with mobility issues as there is no need to strain to step in and out over the edge of the tub.
- The convenient door makes entering the tub easy and with hand rails and slips proof seats and floor bottoms, the risk of falling is much smaller with a walk-in tub.
- Walk-in tubs need no sliding doors or glass enclosures which reduce the risk of head injury due to forgetting the door is closed and running into it.
- Some seniors cannot stand for very long, so showers are difficult and become dangerous as they become unsteady with time so being able to sit and take a bath is a welcomed change of pace.
What could go wrong with a walk-in tub?
As with anything in life it is not always all good; there are some disadvantages as well that you also need to consider:
- Walk-in tubs require sitting with the door closed while the tub fills up around you.
- There have been some complaints about it taking too long to fill up, leaving people chilled.
- You have to wait for the tub to fully drain before you can open the door and exit.
- New models have fast fill and drain perks along with temperature controls, but these cost more.
To talk with an expert about whether a walk-in bathtub from Pittsburgh’s bathroom remodeling experts is right for you, contact Business name and Bath today!